Recipe for a Happy Marriage
4 cups of love
2 cups of loyalty
2 1/2 cups of laughter
3 cups of forgiveness
1 cup of friendship
5 heaping spoons of hope
2 spoons of tenderness
3 1/2 spoons of compassion
4 quarts of faith
Blend love, loyalty and laughter. Stir in forgiveness, friendship and hope. Add tenderness and compassion. Mix thoroughly with faith. Garnish with hugs and kisses, kindness, understanding and a pinch or two of patience.
There are zero calories in this marriage medley but a generous serving provides a limitless amount of energy!
Bailey Walter’s “No-Bake Energy Bites” can boost one’s endurance, too.
Bailey, director of Human Resources for the St. Cloud Diocese, will wed Jason Ziegler this Saturday at St. John’s Abbey and University Church in Collegeville. He works at St. John’s Abbey in the Marketing and Communications and Vocations offices.
“I make these frequently when Jason and I are traveling or doing something outdoors — they’re perfect for a day on the lake or hiking through the woods,” she said. “And, anybody can create them very quickly, which is what I like in a recipe! They’re really easy and tasty and healthy, too.”
No-Bake Energy Bites
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a medium-size bowl and chill it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (I usually make them about the size for two bites!)
Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Yield: About 20 “two-bite-sized” balls.
Notes from Bailey:
- I recommend creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I usually use a natural one with no added sugar or salt.
- When I don’t have ground flaxseed on hand, I just leave it out.
- 1 cup shredded coconut can also be added.
- Maple syrup or agave can be substituted for the honey.
- Raisins can be substituted for the chocolate chips, if you wish.
- I found this recipe at http://www.isthisreallymylife.com/2013/03/pinterest-no-bake-energy-bites/.